Saturday, 16 July 2011
I made these felt love heart sweets a while ago. I remember eating these when I was little and my love/hate relationship with them. I loved the pastel colours and the wording but hated the taste of the things. I used to munch my way through them quickly just to see what was written on the next one.
Felt plus matching thread
Red embroidery cotton
1) Cut out two circle pieces of felt
2) Using tracing paper, trace out the heart shape and wording of your own choice and tack the design on to one of the circles of felt
3)Then using the red cotton start to embroider through the tracing paper. I used chain stitch for the heart and straight stitch for the wording.
4) When you have finished the embroidery carefully tear away the tracing paper. It does come away from the stitches quite easily
5) Now using a thread which matches the colour of your felt sew the two circles together. I used blanket stitch for this.
6) When you have almost reached the end of the circle leave a small gap, stuff slightly then sew to the end