A Nice Evening Stroll

This evening we all went for a walk along the canal. I armed everyone with bags as I wanted some blackberries to try and make some jam.


While there were lots of brambles along the path there were hardly any berries, certainly not enough to pick but just look how laden with fruit this damson tree is.


The hedgerows are lined with damson and hawthorn trees.


My helpers hard at work.


We picked damsons, hawthorn berries and elderberries so it will be a busy day in the kitchen for me tomorrow.

3 comments

APO (Bem-Trapilho) said...

sweet blog. congratulations!
love from Portugal! :)

Miss Val's Creations said...

I hope you have fun with the berries!!! They look delicious. ~Val

Shell said...

Thank you APO (Bem-Trapilho) .. just had a quick nosey at your blog, it's great , you have a new follower
Oh Val, these berries were going to be the death of me. I started making hawthorn (turkish) delight the night we picked them as it had to set overnight. The result was very sticky delight and although the hubbie and one of the children loved it, it was far too sweet for me. My elderberry jam stuck solid in its jars and has to be stabbed out with a knife but I managed to rescue it but warming and adding more water.
My damson jam actually worked great which I'm pleased with as I have only made damson jam or any jam at all once, last year and too me it was abit too sloppy .. I had great fun yesterday, not many jars of jams to show for it though :)