Everything In It's Place

At the end of last week my lovely husband made a shelf unit at work especially to house all my crafty stuff. It has come in very handy that he works with wood, he's made all the shelves and bookcases which are dotted about the house, plus a couple of rabbit hutches. It also helps that he works for a very nice boss who lets him buy the wood at cost, allows my husband stay behind at work to use the machines and then gives him a lift home in the van with what ever he has made.


The unit was assembled at the weekend and put in it's place on the landing ( the only available space in the house ) and I spend yesterday happily filling it and sorting through my crafty bits and bobs.


My box of ribbons looked more like a nest of snakes until it was tidied


Fabric and wool which was just stored in large bags was sorted out and put into plastic tubs


This chest of drawers has been on the landing for a while and has lovely deep drawers. It is used to store items used for parchment craft and paints but after having a quick look through at the weekend, quite a number of unfinished cross stitch and embroidering projects have crept in there so I shut the drawer up to sort through another day.


This bag has been hanging here for some time as well and contains crochet cottons.
 Now besides a large basket of threads and a bag of stuffing, which still reside in our bedroom, I think all my bits are together and not scattered throughout the house. I know the landing probably isn't the most ideal area in a house to store this kind of thing but I love that I can look at my things on the way up the stairs instead of a blank wall.

After sorting through a lot of my belonging over the weekend I've got the urge to go through the house and declutter. It may be a bit late for me to join in the 30 Day Declutter mentioned on A Thrifty Mrs blog and I may have a job on my hands trying to find 90 items due to having a big clear out at the beginning of October but I'm sure if I rope the boys in and I sort through the whole house, we can create some well needed space in time for Christmas.

3 comments

APO (Bem-Trapilho) said...

things are perfect like that!
big hug :)

Miss Val's Creations said...

The closet looks fantastic and so organized! What a great husband you have. :)

Shell said...

Thank you :) I'm loving the fact that I don't need to crawl under the bed for anything any more.