Oyster Boy


This evening I finished off an embroidery which I started last September. It didn't need much doing to it so I don't know why I let it languish in a drawer for so long.


The design is from the book The Melancholy Death Of Oyster Boy & Other Stories. A book of short verses and illustrations by Tim Burton. I love Tim Burton especially his film The Nightmare Before Christmas.


I should has thought the size of the embroidery through before I started as I didn't think I would be able to sew small enough for the wording. My husband suggested writing it in but I managed to sew it on though its not as tidy as I would have liked.

2 comments

amy said...

That's so deliciously strange! (Like most of Tim Burton's stuff.) Really great!

Shell said...

Thanks Amy :)
My husband tonight asked,'Are you going to frame it or something? Otherwise it will be stuffed somewhere out of sight'
I don't have a clue to this one, just felt like doing it.