Keeping Little L Entertained

Well the Summer Holidays have started for all the children in our house and I'm sure it won't be too long before I hear the cries of ... ' I'm bored '. The boys aren't so bad really as they are at the age where they are barely in the house and off gallivanting with their friends. It's Little L who needs the entertainment. I went down to our local library this week and signed her up for the Summer Reading Challenge . Children read six books over the holidays and collect stickers, book marks,etc along the way. When they have completed reading the books they receive a certificate and a medal. This will be Little L's first year doing this but the boys joined in every year until they started High School, they loved it and still have their medals. I also noticed that our local library hold a craft session one day a week so it might be worth me popping in with Little L to see if she enjoys that.
I've been on Pinterest quite a bit this week, pinning kids crafts and collecting up bottles, cardboard tubes, etc. to use.
This afternoon we made some fairy jars using glo sticks and glitter. Little L says that they would come in handy if we ever had a power cut .. very practical.


Using a glo stick again she made this rather heavy looking bug. Little L says its just having a rest.



I'm determined to fight off cries of boredom for as long as possible.

1 comment

Paula said...

I love the glowing jars, such a great project to make with the children. I'll have to try and find a tutorial online as I think the children would love to make that at one of our library activities.