Making For Dolls

I thought I'd share what I've been making for the past couple of days. A small crocheted blanket and toy for Little L's doll pram.


The zigzag blanket was made using a SIRDAR pattern (no. 3174) which I sized down to fit. This was made in no time as I only made it big enough to place as a top cover. It measures approximately 13in x14in.


I was going to make a pram toy by knitting or crocheting some animals then stringing them across but I ended up using felt as it is quicker for me to sew. Anders commented that he quite liked the stripy ribbon and was surprised when I told him that I'd kept it from the ends of last years Christmas crackers. Little scraps of ribbon always come in handy for dolls things. The blue flowers and leaves were sewn on to the elastic with a button but the weight caused them to tilt forward when I first strung it across the pram. I glued some buttons to the back of the flowers to try and balance the weight out. It worked to some extent but I think if I made Little L another one I'd be better off making whatever is strung across double sided. 

1 comment

Scarlet said...

Those are beautiful. Little L must be thrilled with them.