Happy New Year

I know that it is a bit late but I hope that everyone had a great Christmas and New Year. Everything is almost back to the usual routine here. Little L has gone back to school today donning a not so great hairstyle. She decided to give herself a hair cut with her paper scissors on New Years Eve.


 I don't know what goes through her head sometimes. I wouldn't be so bad but she had only had her hair cut a few days before Christmas so there wasn't a lot there to begin with. I've straightened it up the best I can and I'll have to let it grow a bit until I take her back to the hairdressers.


Today I received a lovely surprise parcel, a book from a giveaway hosted on the Cut Out And Keep site. The book Pretty Knitted Hands features 27 designs of mittens, fingerless mitts and wrist warmers split in to seasons accordingly. The patterns have easy to follow charts. Also at the beginning of the book there is a section explaining different casting on and off techniques some of which I've never used before.


Not being a person to hang about I have ordered wool to start a pair. The pattern I have chosen to knit first is Hilda.


A couple of my other favourites from the book are the Ivy pattern


and Astrid.
A free pattern from the Pretty Knitted Hands book can be found here at Cut Out And Keep.


No comments