Jute Heart Bunting


Last week I began to dismantle these jute gift bags that have been hanging around the house for a while. The fabric was quite stiff as the back had been coated, it looks like a layer of dried glue.


I was limited as to what to reuse use the fabric for due to the size of the pieces and I settled on making some bunting.


I marked out a triangle and heart shape on to the fabric


and chain stitched around the heart shape with some DK cotton yarn.


I cut out the triangle shapes and using a sewing machine, sewed on the crocheted edging



then glued some buttons on to the top corners of the triangle.


2 comments

WinnibriggsHouse said...

What a great way to recylcle those bags! The bunting looks really pretty. X

Shell said...

Thank you Jenny. I still have enough fabric left to make something small, I'm not sure what though.