Feeling Festive

It's feeling more Christmassy here now that Little L is off school for the holidays. I love those few days that she is home before Christmas when we have our films planned out to watch together.
We did end up buying a white Christmas tree ... in fact we bought two. The first one we purchased on line but when we put it up it did look quite gappy, not like the tree on the online photo. I wasn't too bothered by that but when I hung my first bauble which was very light, the branch drooped and it was obvious there was no way the branches would take any weight at all (really the tree was only suitable if you wanted to chuck some tinsel at it) Then same day we drove to three of our closest garden centres for a white tree and not one could be found. The day after we went further afield and came home with a pre lit one. We did ring before hand to enquire if they had any and they only had one. I never thought a white tree would be so difficult to find. Plus it wouldn't fit in the boot we had to remove it from it's box and wrestle it in to the boot of the car.



It does look lovely lit up. Other years we have decorated the tree with tinsel and beads but this year we've only used hanging decorations.
  



Lots of glass ornaments,




glittery ones,




even more deers



and a couple of Boston terriers have been added too.



This year I won't be able to use my Christmas table cloths because we changed the table when we decorated so I made this Christmassy table runner. It was made using materials I already had and now my table won't look so bare.

No comments